Regulations of Trnava Poster Triennial 2000
28 September – 30 November 2000
the Ján Koniarek Gallery in Trnava
the Slovak Design Centre in Bratislava
the Trnava City Council
the Academy of Fine Arts and Design in Bratislava
The event will be held under the auspices of Milan Kňažko, the Minister of Culture of the Slovak Republic.
appointed by the Organizing Committee of TPT 2000 consisting of 9 graphic designers (1 international) will choose posters for the exhibition.
A – professional designers – individuals, teams
B – students of fine art academies
comprises 5 laureates of the Master’s Eye Award:
Paul Brühwiler (Switzerland)
Aartomaa Tapani (Finland)
Jaroslav Sůra (Czech Republic)
Mieczysław Górowski (Poland)
Stanislav Stankoci (Slovakia)
The International Jury will select the works to be awarded. The jurors are not allowed to take part in the competition. The exhibition of works by the jurors will be presented separately.
The competition rules allow the representative of ICOGRADA to take part in the meetings of the International Jury and may grant the ICOGRADA Award.
and the Special Prize of the Academy of Fine Arts and Design in Bratislava
The following are the Special Awards (no categories):
the Slovak Design Centre‘s Award
the Trnava Mayor‘s Award
The International Award – Master’s Eye Award
The representatives of the Ján Koniarek Gallery, the Slovak Design Centre and the Academy of Fine Arts will award graphic designers, experts in the field of visual communication and art historians for
their creative performance, event organisation and the promotion of graphic design.
- Participants may send up to 10 posters, each in 2 copies, published after February 1997. The smallest acceptable format is A3.
- The author is required to send slides, photographs and CDs in the Macintosh format of 3 selected posters for the publishing purposes.
- The organisers reserve the right to promote and reproduce the works in the press without the author’s right to compensation.
- After the exhibition, all the exhibits will be stored in the archive of the Ján Koniarek Gallery in Trnava.
- For the participants of the Triennial, the catalogue will be available at a 30% discount.
- Applications and labelled posters should be sent no later than 15. 02. 2000 to the address of the gallery.