REGULATIONS ON THE TRNAVA POSTER TRIENNIAL 2009
21st October – 18th December 2009
Trnava Poster Triennial (TPT) 2009
is a public non-anonymous international competitive exhibition of posters produced from March 2006 until 15th May 2009 and design of websites.
A1 Poster professional authors – individuals and teams
A2 Poster students of fine arts academies
B Design of websites
The Main TPT Organizer
Ján Koniarek Gallery in Trnava
The Trnava Self-administrative Region, the Slovak Design Centre in Bratislava, the Academy of Fine Arts and Design in Bratislava
The event will be held under the auspices of the Icograda – the International Council of Graphic Design Associations and the Trnavský Self-administrative Region
The Selection Jury
is appointed by the TPT 2009 Organizing Committee and it consists of 6 experts on graphic design
The International Jury
is made up of seven experts on graphic design
Andy Warhol Prize – Grand Prix for the overall TPT winner
1st Prize in the A1 category – poster
1st Prize in the B category – design of websites
1st – 3rd Prize in the A2 category – poster students of fine arts academies
3rd Prize of the Chairman of the Trnavský Self-administrative Region – for typography
4th Prize of the Mayor of the Town of Trnava for the best Slovak artist
Master´s Eye Awards – for internationally recognized personalities in graphic design (not only for the jury; with no material prize)
Icograda Prize – awarded by the Icograda representative
the Slovak Design Centre Prize
the Prize of the rector of the Academy of Fine Arts and Design in Bratislava for outstanding student performance
certificates of merit
The international Master´s Eye Award
is given by the representatives of the Icograda, Ján Koniarek Gallery, the Slovak Design Centre, and the Academy of Fine Arts and Design to graphic designers, experts on visual communication, and art historians for outstanding creative achievements, organizational activities, and the promotion of graphic design.
Competition terms and conditions of the A1/A2 category
- Authors can send maximally 5 posters, each of them in two copies, published from March 2006 until 15th May 2009. Posters are to have the minimum A1 format. 594 x 841 mm, 23,386″x 33,11″ (inches)
- All the posters also must be in the CDR digital form, saved in a quality of 300 dpi, dimension of A5, formats of TIFF, EPS, JPEG, or PDF.
- Organizers reserve the right to promote and reproduce the works in the press without the author´s claim to compensation.
- After the exhibition, all the exhibits will be stored in the archive of Ján Koniarek Gallery in Trnava.
- The TPT 2009 catalogue will be available at a 30% discount for participants.
- It is required to send posters labelled with a self-adhesive label in the right low corner and with a properly filled application by 15th May 2009.
- Posters thematically focused on a local problem in a given country or having a text written in a script different from the Roman type must have in their label stated a short content summary in English.
Note: When sending posters from abroad, write please the maximum customs value of your delivery of SKK 400.
Competition terms and conditions of the B category
- The B category – design of websites – can be entered by websites promoting or informing about individuals, organizations, products, cultural events etc.
- The competition within the design of websites category at the TPT 2009 can be entered by designers, authorial teams or design studios on their own initiative or on the initiative of website subscribers, however, always with approval from their authors. A maximum number of entered websites by one author or organization is five.
- In this year, the competition within this category is limited to such websites whose content and design are changed only by a programmer, designer or web master.
- Commercial websites designed directly for on-line sale and advertising, blog systems, discussion and social portals, or informative websites of a periodical type will not be included in the competition. A condition is the website functionality and accessibility at the time of its entering the competition and also during evaluation by the international jury, as well as its possibility to be displayed in various browsers.
- It is possible to enter a given work into the competition via the filled electronic application form.There must be given all the website authors, designers and also coders. Within each website, apart from the link to the opening page, there must be given three other links to individual lower website pages which will be evaluated within the websites (if possible). Individual pages must be sent electronically also in the digital static form, in TIFF, EPS, PNG, BMP, PSD or PDF formats.
- It is required to send properly filled application by 15th May 2009.
- Organisers reserve the right to promote and reproduce the websites in the press without the author´s claim to compensation.
The winner of Andy Warhol Prize – Grand Prix for the overall TPT winner, will get from the TPT organizers a space to present his or her works at the exhibition held before or during the following year of the TPT.
Every participant of the Trnava Poster Triennial 2009 agreed with qualifications of the TPT 2009.